Constance Pelkey Designs

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Bedrooms - Home and Away!

OK.

I spent the morning working on finishing up the bedroom! Had to do some final touch ups around the crown molding and then around the walls near the molding. I then painted with a large brush all the cracks between the old floor boards and finally rolled the floor out one last time with the paint. In a day or two Nancy will roll the floor for the last time with poly and then after a day or so of cure time, we can start moving in the rug, bed etc.

Speaking of the bed, the NEW headboard arrived today!! YAY!

Tomorrow morning after my PT appointment, I'll head upstairs again and sit on the floor in the dressing room, and work my way around the room cutting in the mop boards. Will prolly caulk that window also. Nancy painted out those walls last week and there's a rug on that floor, so all that's left in there is the trim - crown molding, mop boards, window trim. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the week. No promises though, it all depends on how my shoulder does.

On an entirely different note, last fall when we went on the New Lungs for George motorcycle fund raising ride and at lunch afterwards, I won a gift certificate! We've decided when we are going to use it, finally! *G*

Wednesday July 3rd we are going for a free nights stay and a dinner for two at The Inn on Peaks Island!! We plan on riding Bella the bike down, putzing around Portland and the old port for the day and then taking the ferry over to the island. It's been YEARS since I've been to Peaks! It'll be a fun time!! *squeeeeeee!*

No comments: