Constance Pelkey Designs

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

7th leg

 

Jackies time with the box:

(originally posted at Life Art Designs http://www.1000markets.com/blog_posts/31771 )

It's all about the clay for me. I love working with both materials, whether it's polymer clay or precious metal silver clay. On the polymer clay side, I belong to a wonderful group of polymer artists online at www.polymerclaycentral.com. One thing we all have in common is that after a while, we begin to accumulate a large amount of tools, and various unfinished pieces and parts. To help clear out our clutter and sort of pay it forward to each other, we decided to have a trash to treasure swap.

This is our second swap of this kind. First, a person fills a box part way with all their "extras". A list of participants is made and a route of travel for the box is decided based on the listed locations. Each time someone receives the box, they take out what they want to keep. Then, they put in the same amount of items from their "extras" as they took out and send the box to the next person on the list. Each time, photos are taken of what you keep and what you put inside the box. The photos and delivery conformation are posted at our online site for the others to see.

This brings me to the point of this blog post. The photos of what I kept and gave are to the right. The top photo shows the contents of the box after I opened it. The second photo shows what items I kept, and the third photo shows what I donated to the box.

Pat? You're up!

No comments: