Constance Pelkey Designs

Thursday, January 15, 2009

“Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything you have right now, and then got it back again.”

So,

Yesterday I had my second opinion appointment with the surgeon. The surgeon who did my gastric bypass almost three years ago. I continue to trust this guy with my life. After all, I allowed him to operate on me when I weighed 430 lbs!

He (and we - Nancy and I) wish that the circumstances of my bowel obstruction had been different. Not so acute, and not having escalated quite so quickly! If we'd had more time and had our wits about us, we would have called him, in Portland, and been life flighted. Had this happened, the guy who knows all about my altered innards could have taken care of the bowel obstruction laproscopically, instead the old fashioned way. Now I have this painful belly incision that is taking a while to heal. It hurts, I have a big piece of scar tissue that aches deep down inside.

But, hindsight is always 20/20, right?

In the end the guy that did the surgery saved my life and I will be fine. I need to wait a few more weeks for my muscles to heal.

Today, I had an upper and lower barium GI thingy. It was gross, the stuff I had to drink. This was to make sure that everything is running smoothly through my gut.

I feel nauseous and yukky today from the chalk drink. ;-(

I see the gastero intestinal guy next week to get the results of today and if everything is OK there, I'm going to go ahead and get myself back into the knee replacement surgery loop.

*sigh*





Copyright © 2008 by Constance Pelkey.

This bloggy feed is for personal, non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this content in a news reader or on a website related to Constance Pelkey, then where you are reading it from is in violation of copyright!
Thanks!! Connie




No comments: