Constance Pelkey Designs

Friday, January 16, 2009

We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics. ~Bill Vaughan

Bug Swap Sign up reminder!!

Seven slots remain!! Hurry and sign up today!!

The deadline for sign up is Friday January 30th.

ALL participants must email me their contact information from a valid email address. No one will be placed on the swap list without emailing me this information first. conniepelkey@gmail.com

Information from you that I'll need:
Full name:
Full postal address:
Valid email address: (email me from this address)
Phone number:
Number of groups of six you want to join:

In return, I will email you back my contact information, including my phone number.

I absolutely need ALL of this information from each swap member. Swaps are meant to be fun, however recently there has been a "rash" of troubled swaps out there. Bad swap issues have included folks not staying in contact with the hostess, the hostess "falling off the edge of the planet", items being lost in the mail, incorrect postal amounts being sent, etc...

I don't want to dwell on these, so with all of us committing to the rules I've set, I hope this swap goes off without a hitch! I have hosted about 10 swaps over the years in the various on line polymer clay communities. I've also participated in many, many swaps, I can't remember how many! With all of us keeping in contact, no one will be disappointed. I will post any updates to my blog, as well as sending out a group email.

The details of the swap are as follows:

For those living in the continental USA, you'll be identified as GROUP A: The deadline for your completed buggy groups is Tuesday March 31, 2009.

For those in Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and overseas locations, you'll be identified as GROUP B: The deadline for your completed buggy groups is Friday March 13, 2009.


The 2009 Bug Swap will consist of groups of six (6). What this means is you will make and send out to me 6 bugs. Your bugs must be no larger than 4 inches and made primarily of polymer clay but feel free to use any mixed media to dress up your bugs. You will receive back 5 different bugs plus one of your own. You will package your bugs individually in zipper plastic bags along with your business card or slip of paper with your name and email address (at the very least).

Those in GROUP A will carefully package your groups up in a PRIORITY MAIL box. You will also send along enough postage to cover the return of your swap items.

Those in GROUP B will contact me personally about how to ship your packages, various countries have different shipping options to the US and we can discuss those.

One more thing, hostess gifts will be greatly accepted and appreciated, but are NOT necessary!

Lets have a GREAT swap!!






Copyright © 2008 by Constance Pelkey.

This bloggy feed is for personal, non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this content in a news reader or on a website related to Constance Pelkey, then where you are reading it from is in violation of copyright!
Thanks!! Connie




No comments: