Constance Pelkey Designs

Friday, June 06, 2008

Painting - again!

I'll bet you are tired of seeing all these painting of the room(s) posts! I know I'm tired of writing them! But.... at the same time I'm enjoying doing them (the rooms) and writing about them!

Nero
Here is my lil' black doggie, Nero. He is so black it's difficult to get a good shot of him. He is either so shiny you can't see details, or he is so black you can't see his details!

helpers
Frick and frack!

trim
Cutting in the trim around the floor.

details
I'm using a straight edge to cut in around the carpeting. It's getting mixed results. I'm just not happy with how it looks and will prolly have to go around again with a small brush, an artists brush even. Anyone have any tips on doing this easier?? BTW, I painted out that register - the dark forest green just looked horrible, so it's now trim color.

dilly
Dilly - dawg is just EXHAUSTED from her morning of supervising the paint crew!

4 comments:

Sh@ney said...

How many dogs do you have? Just the two? They are adorable of course. And the painting is coming along nicely. I really like the bed setting you picked out. I agree it will compliment the new room nicely. Does it really come with all the pillows as well?
That would be quite a good buy.

Connie (The Purple Princess) said...

Two dogs, Dilly the rottie/hound mix and Nero the papillion mix. We got them both from the Humane Society.

Yeah, we haven't purchased it yet, i'm still checking out local stores to see if I can find a better buy, but so far that 12 pc set is the best! It comes with sheets, comforter, bed skirt. shams and pillow cases!

Sh@ney said...

Sounds like a bargain Miss Connie!! Especially if it comes with all those pieces!

And your pooches are just adorable.

Connie (The Purple Princess) said...

That particular set is sold out. *pout*

Thats ok though... we aren't quite ready to dress the bed yet. Have to put the new headboard together first, but we are having a yard sale Saturday though that takes precedence right now! *G*