Constance Pelkey Designs

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness


I am thankful this year for many things, not the least of which are:

  • FINALLY having a part time job and an awesome boss who is willing to work with me on all the time off I've needed in this past year due to shoulder surgery, this latest emergency surgery as well as my upcoming knee replacement.
  • Having this wonderful ol' house to keep us warm and sheltered, despite the fact that it is an old house and needs lots of tender loving care; read: expensive at times! It has just about everything we need and it's full of good times, good memories, good food, and good folks! It also is the investment that is our future! (Southwest - here we come!)
  • Mom. Her health and attitude are better now that she is here with us. This is not to say that it isn't trying at times with her here, but my stress levels are much lower now that I don't have to worry about her being alone.
  • Our pets. Nero the dog, Henry and Twink the cats, Harriet and Hermione the hermit crabs and the fish. They all bring us joy and unconditional love.
  • My creative outlets. They calm and relax me.
And last but certainly not least...
  • My WONDERFUL partner, Nancy who has stood by me, being a rock, encouraging and supporting me during all these health issues. She is just simply the best thing that has EVER happened to me! I love her dearly, however I doubt she really has any idea how MUCH she truly means to me! Simple words cannot describe what she means to me. She is my everything!
Happy holiday to everyone!!



Copyright © 2008 by Constance Pelkey.

This bloggy feed is for personal, non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this content in a news reader or on a website related to Constance Pelkey, then where you are reading it from is in violation of copyright!
Thanks!! Connie

No comments: