Constance Pelkey Designs

Saturday, September 22, 2007

School days

Today was the first day of my Precious Metal Clay workshop, taught by Jason Morrissey at Maine College of Art in Portland.

Can I just say how MUCH I miss Portland!!?? Blah!

At any rate - I AM IN LOVE!!!

I took an Art Clay Silver class on the Polymer Clay Cruise I went on last winter and liked it - but the teacher kind of lacked a bit of, well, shall we say personality?? Not that Jason is a font of enthusiastic bliss - he's very laid back. Which is a good thing. *G* I'm learning a lot - today I made leaf earrings with slip and a hollow dry formed lentil with sea shell texture. VERY cool!!

Tomorrow we do rings and bead forms.

I'm loving the PMC BTW, and can not wait until I get my own stash, kiln and double barrel tumbler. YAY! Funding should come through next week and then I can place my order!

*sigh* Long day - tired - bed calls.

No comments: